It’s time to start seriously considering your Thanksgiving meal.
I know that we just talked about how great Halloween is, but Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and I don’t want anyone to forget that turkey day is a crucial holiday, too. It’s the gateway to the entire holiday season! It gets everyone in the mood to bake cookies (my favorite) and hand out gifts.
Thanksgiving is also important because we take a moment to reflect on everything that we’re thankful for – like food.
There’s nothing wrong with being thankful for food.
This year, I am thankful for many things, including food. Here is my official 2017 list – in no particular order:
- What is better than cheese? Honestly. Tell me. There’s no cheese I don’t like – and the stinkier, the better. Add bacon and I’m in heaven – try my Mom’s Cheese in a Blanket cookie!
- My mom is my favorite person in the entire world. The rest of my family is OK, too – most of the time.
- I have friends everywhere. Some have two legs; some have four. Friends can brighten your day, and they can also sometimes give you treats!
- Any walk is a good walk, even in the rain. I like to take my time, carefully making sure that I don’t miss one thing that’s happened in our neighborhood. Mom appreciates it, I know.
- I’m not going to lie: I have a love-hate relationship with the squirrels around our house. They taunt me. I chase them. I think in the end, deep down, we would be sad without each other.
Not that I’m still thinking about it, but I have a very important question: Where’s all the cheese on Thanksgiving? There’s too much emphasis on cheese as an appetizer and not enough with the main course!
I fear that we neglect such a vital food group on a day where it should be celebrated! I don’t know if there was cheese at the first Thanksgiving, but I’m sure that they would have liked to have had it.
Mom understands the importance of cheese. My turkey day meal this year will consist of:
- Turkey Pot Pie
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Cheddar Cheese
- Green Beans
- Sweet Potato Bundt Cake
- Thanksgiving Cookie
Doesn’t that make you drool? If you aren’t loading your mashed potatoes with creamy cheese and delicious bacon, then I feel incredibly sad for you. I can hardly wait to get that first lick!
In fact, maybe the lack of cheese on turkey day is a huge conspiracy! A fromage cover-up!
Why do we put so much emphasis on a dish that makes us sleepy when we’re supposed to be enjoying quality time with those we love? Cheese equals love!
There’s macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, queso, cheese calzones, cheese hot dogs… I could go on and on. These are all suitable sides, in my humble opinion.
Break the cheese-less cycle this Thanksgiving with a delicious meal full of turkey, cheesy sides, and
yummy treats. If you need to order a meal like mine for a four-legged friend, do it quickly! Mom sells out.
And, as an add-on, might I recommend the Bacon Cheesecake? It’s our most popular pastry.
PS: Make sure to order your Thanksgiving Day meal now!!
The Barkery is New England’s favorite go to bakery for gourmet dog cookies and dog birthday cakes. Join our treat of the month club, Kiki’s Cookie Club to sample our 12 varieties of dog treats and special seasonal dog cookies. We also provide personalized grooming services and a self-serve wash for dogs in our doggie day spa. Contact us today and become a part of our dog pack!